The mission of RISHA is to support the professions of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology through advocacy, public awareness, and professional development on behalf of its members and the individual they serve.
RISHA’s Annual Membership Drive!
It’s time to renew your RISHA membership! We hope you have taken advantage of the many opportunities offered by RISHA. Not already a member? Please join today to support your state association and enjoy the following benefits:
- Free CEU opportunities!
- Members only Private Practice Directory on website!
- Active committees functioning on members’ behalf to address current issues & member concerns
- Better Hearing and Speech Month at RI State House – May of each year
- Discounted registration fee at the Annual Conference- Saturday March 5, 2016 CROWNE PLAZA Warwick
- Opportunities to network with colleagues from across the state
- Scholarship for current college students
- Recognition of member accomplishments including SLP of the year as part of the RIDE Teacher Recognition Program (started in 2012)
Please join by 12/31/15 to secure membership for 2016 to take advantage of all of RISHA’s benefits. Memberships may be renewed with a credit card or PayPal . If you would like to join RISHA by mail, please print and send the form and check to RISHA, P.O. Box 9241, Providence, RI 02940. You will receive your membership card online.
When you join, please consider making a donation to the Patricia M. Stephens Scholarship Fund. Each year RISHA awards a scholarship to a worthy student pursuing a career in our field. Note your donation on the membership form and submit a separate check made out to RISHA. Be sure to write Patricia Stephens Scholarship Fund on the memo line.
Please check the RISHA website often to stay up to date on all the current events! We will also be sending periodic email updates through GroupVine.
Thank you for your support of RISHA!
Gail Robinson, M.S. CCC-SLP, President
Please take time to read this new and important guidance from the US Department of Education on the need for comprehensive evaluation appropriate treatment for children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). ASHA wants all members to have this information in hand when advocating for SLP services for children with ASD. Please read and you will find background, actions members can take, and talking points when discussing this topic with supervisors. Click here for more information.
Please consider volunteering your time and getting involved! RISHA still needs an ASHA STAR (State Advocate for Reimbursement, Conference Committee chairs and a President-elect for 2016. This great organization needs new volunteers. Please contact Dora Arsenault if you are interested in volunteer opportunities.